SR-52->HP-67 Keycodes efficiency
12-23-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: SR-52->HP-67 Keycodes efficiency
(12-23-2017 09:29 PM)Dieter Wrote:  I'm not sure if advertizing a program memory of "up to 960 bytes" (and zero registers in the small print ;-)) would have been a good idea in 1977. The typical user might have asked how this translates to a familiar number of program lines, and this number might have been as low as 480 or 320.
Dieter

Gene: Hi Dieter. Time to start on the HP 67 games 2 rom? :-)

Perhaps, but then again, HP seemed to be the one who focused on merged codes, effectively **defining** the functionality by the unique byte counts that were possible (well, they extended that on the HP 67 with the P<>S function).

TI on the other hand seemed to relish in the marketing literature by showing 224 steps vs. 100 for the SR-52 compared to the HP 65 and then later 960/480 steps vs. 224 for the TI59/58 compared to the HP 67/97.

At the time, I suspect most users may not have been as aware of the differences as HP users were, in part because we were arguing that 224 is actually closer to XYZ steps on the TI model when in "arguments"

Never underestimate the power and stealth of marketers to confuse the user/buyer.

I believe my previous thought is probably truer than you suspect.

Gene

P.S. If I had a way to assign a usefulness per post statistic to a user, I think you would be near the top. In nearly EVERY single post of yours that I read, I either learn something outright or read something that causes me to stop and think. That's a reason I click on them. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SR-52->HP-67 Keycodes efficiency - Gene - 12-23-2017 10:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)