What would your ideal HP calc look like now?
03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: What would your ideal HP calc look like now?
(03-23-2014 04:03 PM)walter b Wrote:  Back to the original question: My personal dream calculator would be one featuring
  • RPN for obvious reasons,
  • the function set of the WP 34S (or a little bit more),
  • a sturdy, reliable keyboard with tactle feedback and durable keys (like the one of e.g. an HP-67, IIRC),
  • at least the display resolution of the HP-42S (primarily for allowing sofkeys),
  • six keys more than the HP-42S (for softkeys not overwriting regular functions),
  • a standard communication interface (like USB) or a standard medium for data exchange (like SD) with a PC (so I may use a PC for program editing if I want to),
  • a reasonable amount of user-accessible memory for data and programs,
  • flash memory for on-device backup, library storage, etc.,
  • a power consumption like a Voyager or a Pioneer,
  • all that within the size of a Pioneer and as properly packed.

I like this list, but I personally would like to see a backlit (or some other visible-in-the-dark technology) screen. I don't like graphing calculators but I use my Casio fx-9860GII all the time because of the excellent screen. I keep my office on the darker side and the LCD calculators can be hard to see. (I suppose a return to red LEDs is too much to hope for Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would your ideal HP calc look like now? - Marcel Samek - 03-23-2014 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)