Most common calculators in the forum?
01-20-2018, 06:22 PM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
Some recent additions to my collection for the statistics (and of course to make everybody envious!):

1. A novelty calculator. A desktop ruler with a vey basic solar calculator that is actually the lid of a box for a selection of Post-its. (eBay, 1€) - everybody has seen it on eBay dozens of times I guess:

[Image: Post_it_Taschenrechner_800px.jpg]

2. Another novelty calculator. Reflects one of my true passions (calculators are only a secondary passion I'm afraid). The calculator itself is so boring that I didn't bother to replace the empty coin battery. The little label with the horse's stable unfortunately has become unglued. Need to keep looking for a perfect one :-)

[Image: IMG13332_800px.jpg]

3. This curious 2/3 scientific calculator which has square root, Pi and logarithm but no triginometric functions. Labelled as "MBO", a German company, but certainly made by someone else:

[Image: IMG13334_800px.jpg]

4. The already mentioned in several posts HP-49g+ into which I didn't even bother to put batteries for the photograph because I don't like it in the least:

[Image: IMG13335_800px.jpg]

5. An older variant of a Ti-83 (again, too lazy to put batteries inside):

[Image: IMG13340_800px.jpg]

6. A newer variant of a Ti-83:

[Image: IMG13339_800px.jpg]

7. Triggered by this thread here http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9787.html I got myself a Commodore PR50 to fill a gap (PR100 I have several already):

[Image: IMG13336_800px.jpg]

8. And this one is the crown jewel in this list. Arrived in the mail today from the UK. If you thought red LEDs are a wonderful thing - as I do - then you have not seen a Panaplex display yet. As I have not been able to see the electroluminescent display of the Apollo Guidance Computer's (AGC) Display and Keyboard Assembly (DSKY) in real life, which is probably even more incredibly beautiful, for me that orange gas-discharge display is the top of the world. The calculator itself, a Berkey/Omega 100 is a mere four-banger with the only addition of a fixed-decimal-places switch. But turning on the power will instantly throw you back into the Apollo era! It takes 2-3 seconds until the inverter inside that unusually heavy little calculator (about the size of an HP Woodstock but twice as massive) has generated enough high voltage to "ignite" the Neon gas inside the rightmost "0". So wonderful. How ultra incredibly wonderful would a "Woodstock low power" with a Panaplex display be - I hope the right person is reading this :-)

[Image: IMG13333_800px.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - Maximilian Hohmann - 01-20-2018 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)