Most common calculators in the forum?
12-07-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
(12-06-2017 11:42 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I was surprised to discover that not everyone means the same thing when they say they use some calculator. I thought using a calculator meant using it at work, or to do your taxes, or whatever, but apparently, some people consider writing a program because of some challenge to be using their calculator, while I would call that playing with my calculator.

Ah now I get better some of your arguments, especially the one about 'people likely collect calculators without using them'.

For me using an object is using it, whatever the "seriousness" of the task (then again solving a challenge may be way more serious than computing taxes, it depends on the perspective).

The different types of use can be further refined. For example I use my calculators to explore problems since a calculator is like a ready math "PlayStation" that i don't need to setup. Especially the 50g has an immense library of commands plus some neat thirdy party libraries (and I wonder what will happen with new RPL).

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - pier4r - 12-07-2017 06:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)