Most common calculators in the forum?
12-02-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
(12-01-2017 06:48 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  That's not just one or two people; it's a sizable fraction of the forum membership, and probably everyone who responded to your poll!

well then I am biased due to threads like this: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9609.html

I was really thinking that aside from the joy to have the piece of technology (like this guys says in this video) people would use them on and off, also for the joy of using them.

My Ti 34 (that I bought convinced that it was the one used by my father, but I failed, it is not) can be easily superseded by the sharp el506w. Nonetheless I try to use it for simple stats about expenses (while the 506w is reserved for more complicated stuff).

So, yes projecting behaviors, I thought that the majority here would do like dieter, gerson and others, playing around with calculators when possible.

(12-01-2017 08:45 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Another approach in deciding which calculators are common/popular/interesting is to consider which calculators have had recent after-market options designed. Or, How to Have Even More Fun With Your Favorite Calculator.

Yes that is interesting too, but I won't consider only hardware producs, as the software is needed too and it is far from trivial to develop.
Moreover many more can contribute with software, contributing with hardware has more financial barriers.

So in terms of software, not only emulators*, I know at least: newRPL, RPL/2, Free42, ND1+, and the calculator from Namir.

Where the RPL software is a sort of tribute of the 49, 48, 28S series.

* that are a hard project as well, but it is not a new implementation of the computing functions.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - pier4r - 12-02-2017 12:33 PM
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)