Most common calculators in the forum?
12-01-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
(12-01-2017 05:58 PM)pier4r Wrote:  The 42S instead is quite good (indeed it is the base of your Free42). Nonetheless is old and not that fast, plus superseeded by your program. So once again if it people won't need it anymore, would sell it (getting quite some money back). Otherwise even if a calculator is not used, there is something planned for it.

Being old is not problem. The old calculators tend to have good build quality, and if you go back to the early days of the HP-41, they were even built to be repaired, not tossed away and replaced (as a service measure).

Speed is also not so relevant. Most things done on a calculator are done by hand calculation and if it can keep up with me typing, that is good enough. Programs are used, but I can often wait a while from time to time, if needed.

Just like any tool, what matters is whether it helps me solve the problems I have at hand, without annoying me.

Having said that, I can also appreciate the engineering that went into it and its historical context.

HÃ¥kan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - hth - 12-01-2017 07:33 PM
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)