Most common calculators in the forum?
12-01-2017, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 06:08 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
(12-01-2017 03:49 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I interpreted your question as asking which calculators, in working condition, people here own. I own five calculators, all in working condition, but I don't use any of them. What about this is surprising?

Sure, there may be the person owning calculators for the sake of collecting them. Nonetheless I assume (I may be wrong) that the majority bought this or that model to use them even if for limited time. Plus, if one does not really care, it does not bother to keep the calculator working or even removing the batteries.

Said that, what surprises me about the 35s and the 42s is the following.
The 35s has a bad reputation, so aside from those buying the calculator to have a check in their list, the ones that did not like it could resell it (especially when it is quite new) or give it away as present, so I assumed it won't appear that much. I am pretty sure that there are ones sitting in a draw, but then I guess the owner still considers them, even if just as backups.

The 42S instead is quite good (indeed it is the base of your Free42). Nonetheless is old and not that fast, plus superseeded by your program. So once again if it people won't need it anymore, would sell it (getting quite some money back). Otherwise even if a calculator is not used, there is something planned for it.

For example I do not use the ti nspire handheld or the ti89 because I did not have the time to use them properly (since they are more time consuming than the 50g or other calcs without TI software) but I still think that sooner or later I will find them a useful long term employment.

I assumed (maybe wrongly) that the majority of users here would do the same. Even just picking this or that model to solve a particular exercise every now and then. So under my assumption, seeing that much 35s or 42S (both in numbers higher than the the 34S so far) is unexpected.

besides, highlights:
58 x 41 C/CX/CV and 18 owners (Sylvain cheated!)
51 x 48G/GX/S/SX/G+ and 23 owners
42 x 50g and 30 owners
27 x Prime and 19 owners
27 x 12C/12C Platinum/12C 30th AE and 16 owners
21 x 15C / C+ / LE and 15 owners (as the model)
21 x 35S and 20 owners (!)

Even if they are not hp the following flagship devices that should be quite ubiquitous (at least the ti ones) are not that common:
ti89, ti nspire, classpad, primz (no one reported the primz so far).

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - pier4r - 12-01-2017 05:58 PM
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)