Most common calculators in the forum?
12-01-2017, 01:44 AM
RE: Most common calculators in the forum?
(11-30-2017 07:51 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(11-30-2017 07:31 AM)Carsen Wrote:  That'll be easy. After all, my purchasing power is much weaker than most of you old guys. Especially since I'm currently paying for college. Lol.

Why don't you go for a SwissMicros DM15L? They're easier to come by than an original HP-15C -- in fact their very raison d'ĂȘtre is the rarity of the HP model (Michael's HP-15C gave up the ghost, he couldn't find a replacement so he started a company that makes them). They operate exactly like the HP-15C with a few extras (they run the original HP-15C ROM in an ARM-based emulator), they are much faster, they're reasonably (IMO) priced and built like a tank.

Head on over to http://www.swissmicros.com

Thanks grsbanks!! I have been aware of swissmicros for a while, due to the MOHPC. I think they are amazing making the Voyager series available in such a way!!! I will end up buying one for sure to use it as a "daily driver" and find a HP-15C for collection use. Maybe I can inherit my Dad's 30 year old HP-15C. (99% sure he won't give it up)

On my side of the discussion, Dave Frederickson raises some excellent perspective changing information. My hat's off to you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most common calculators in the forum? - Carsen - 12-01-2017 01:44 AM
That the truth be told - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Dave Frederickson - hp41cx - 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)