Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
11-10-2017, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 11:11 AM by salvomic.)
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
(11-10-2017 04:26 AM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  Also, I'm not sure that putting the user functions in the catalog is of any use. ...

IMHO this *is* very useful. Custom program are intended often to extend CAS power (already very great but always integrable with new combinations) and have them listed inside the Catalog could also help to know if there are alternative ways to get the solution of a problem.
For example, I made a few program to add some statistical distributions in the Prime, in the mean time some of them were, luckily, included in the CAS, so I had to decide if keep some of them or remove, and the presence of their names in the Catalog (and the different font, italic, to differentiate them from the built in commands) helped very much to select what keeps and what remove)...
Also keeping those custom functions there, could help to find when a custom function is a different version of a built function and to make a decision if they are still useful or not... Then, if a custom function has the same name as a built in function it could be a mess: to see them listed in Catalog helps to organise them or to change name and so on...

I think that a future enhancement could be provide also an help system for the user programs, and then their presence in the Catalog will be also more important.

I've about 250 custom programs, and the Catalog is still fast enough, without perceptible slowing down.

Using Catalog, try to search inputting some letters: the search is now well functioning and useful. When you have found your preferred command, press Help: it seems to have an integrated system Catalog-Help, with help and examples (that's I would have also for custom programs...): it's very nice!

My two cents, hi Smile

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED] - salvomic - 11-10-2017 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)