Finally acquired a Woodstock
01-09-2018, 03:48 PM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock
Hi Bob,

I'm using normal buttontop Eneloop cells and the replacement springs for the 41 battery case found on TAS. The battery holder snaps into the cavity with a nice fit and spring pressure keeps the batteries pressed tightly against the contacts inside. The holder requires a firm push downward to remove, so there's very little chance the holder will pop out of the calculator. The TAS springs use a thicker wire than the stock 41 springs and are almost fully compressed when the batteries are inserted.

The only change I made to the original design was to remove a couple of floating pieces. At the bottom of the case are two projections that slip into the well behind the two battery contacts and help hold the bottom of the case in place (excellent design!) It looked like the original designer wanted a hook to rise from the end of the two projections to provide further latching, but they were rejected during the design check. Not really needed in my opinion.

Having used an original battery holder and another two-piece Shapeways design, I can definitely recommend this one. It's a very clever piece of work by the original designer! Still haven't found time to match the original case color though Smile

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Finally acquired a Woodstock - Chasfield - 10-25-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - jebem - 10-25-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - Guido - 10-25-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - Gamo - 10-31-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - BobVA - 10-31-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - aurelio - 11-06-2017, 09:04 PM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - Dieter - 01-11-2018, 10:10 AM
RE: Finally acquired a Woodstock - mfleming - 01-09-2018 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)