What to do with my Collection?
11-23-2017, 11:02 AM
What to do with my collection and ERAMCO Rambox and HP41 CW anyone?
Hi, wanted to give an update.

Going through the process of enumerating all parts of my collection has indeed stirred a lot of latent passion up again. Yet with the help of a few great people here on the forum I feel that it would be best to pass the collection back into the community where they can be enjoyed and treasured. All items should have a new home come Christmas and New Year.

However, as a shrine of remembrance to the countless hours of fun and friendship I enjoyed over the years with the HP41 in particular, I've decided to create a very small showcase of some of the most special items from the machine which has always been most dear to my heart (sorry Valentin!), the HP 41.

The showcase is envisioned to have the following 4 rows:
  1. HP41
    • HP41 C - With Bugs
    • HP41 CV Fullnut
    • HP41 CX Halfnut
    • HP41 Blanknut
    • HP41 CW
    • HP41 CY
  2. Iconic Modules
    • PPC
    • CCD
    • Zenrom
    • Paname
    • Hepax
  3. Iconic Cardreader Extension
    • Cardreader
    • W&W Rambox
    • HHP EPROM
    • ERAMCO Rambox
    • ERAMCO RSU2
  4. Service Modules
    • HP41 C (Service 1a)
    • HP41 CV (Service 1c)
    • HP41 CX (Service 2a)
    • Printer Service
    • HP-IL Monitor

So here are a few questions to you:
  1. Are there any iconic historical pieces missing from the display?
  2. I am considering including the Devil (HP IL Dev) module in the "iconic module" row. Thoughts?

Lastly, the two items I do not have and asking if anyone would be willing to sell/trade (see anything on my list you like?) are the ERAMCO Rambox and the HP 41 CW for the completion of the display. I have all other items. If you do, a PM will be much appreciated!

I've purposefully excluded all "modern" marvels, wanting this to be a historic display. There could be a parallel display showing the enduring value and community around this machine, with the MLDL2000, Clonix, NoVram, and CL.

Thanks for your kind advice (and maybe even help in completing the display), as always!

Cheers

PeterP

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What to do with my Collection? - PeterP - 10-24-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - Gene - 10-25-2017, 02:39 AM
What to do with my collection and ERAMCO Rambox and HP41 CW anyone? - PeterP - 11-23-2017 11:02 AM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - hth - 11-23-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - DanM - 07-18-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - DanM - 07-18-2018, 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)