What to do with my Collection?
07-18-2018, 06:29 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection?
(07-18-2018 04:31 PM)Carsen Wrote:  
(07-18-2018 03:17 PM)DanM Wrote:  I'm kind of late to the game here, but have given this some thought. My current "best solution," and my heirs know this already, is to have the contact info for a nearby interested party prominently stored with all the calculator stuff. My heirs know that only one phone call is required, then anything that says "HP" on it or looks like a calculator will be taken away quickly and efficiently and will become somebody else's problem :-). For better or worse, nobody in my family has any interest or awareness of these things.

We should all be searching for solutions like this, or Peter's, that work best for our own situations and which will keep these "rare and valuable" items out of the landfills and with people who know what they are/were.

I have a question. This sounds very similar to the video I recently watched on hpcalc.org. Are you the presenter of the presentation "The end is near or I love pessimism" back in 2017? It was a great video because it shows another way of expanding my collection. I was born in the 90's and (hopefully) will live a long time so I'm sure I can keep these valuable treasures out of the land fields.

Yes, that was me! Thanks for watching the video! If you are anywhere near the New England Region of the USA, let me know your phone number and I can add it to the lists now attached to the various HP piles in/around my house, of local/interested parties in all those things my kids will not want.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What to do with my Collection? - PeterP - 10-24-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - Gene - 10-25-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - hth - 11-23-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - DanM - 07-18-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: What to do with my Collection? - DanM - 07-18-2018 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)