HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ?
09-28-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ?
(09-28-2017 07:58 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Indeed also with the 50g I develop with the PC and then I let the 50g work when the algorithm is stable.

I'm a bit divided with the 50G. Sometimes I find that if I'm forced to write on the 50G, it's better because I'm not then distracted by "Ooo, shiney pretty thing!" on the PC's screen. It also hopefully makes me more used to finding stuff in the menus on the calculator itself. On the other hand, when I need to look up something in a manual or on the forums, because I don't have physical manuals on hand (except the AUR) I need to go open one up on the computer screen anyhow. At least in that case, I am scratching my head as to which is better—use the PC keyboard in an emulator or editor or poke buttons on a calculator.

As an aside, if I don't remember what menu a command is in, I've found it's very much quicker to just switch into ALPHA mode and spell the command out. It's certainly quicker than looking it up in CATALOG or going to Appendix I in the AUR. I'm sure I can't be the only person finding that. Now THAT job could be made far easier with the full QWERTY keypad the HP-71B has. I've no idea how good the Prime is in comparison to the 50G as (1) I don't have a physical Prime, and (2) I haven't used the Prime emulator anywhere near enough to gain any facility with it.

(Post 103)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ? - brickviking - 09-28-2017 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)