HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ?
09-28-2017, 07:58 AM
RE: HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ?
(09-27-2017 08:01 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  but I can not write a simple program to solve a quadratic equation in RPL. It is totally beyond me.

I think this is normal when one knows that another tool is better for the job given one's perspective of opportunity costs. "Do I spend 20h learning RPL and be a minimum proficient, or I spend 20h to solve problems in what I know well already?" there is no doubt. I do the same.

(09-27-2017 09:43 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  When someone is coming up with a programming challenge on this forum I usually write little program in C to solve it.

That's a pity. I would think that every computable solution is welcomed instead. Post them!

(09-27-2017 11:28 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote:  the prime's capabilities are extraordinary, but they cry for solving tasks that go far beyond the capability of its user interface: no real keyboard, and a screen so small,
This is unfortunately true also for all the smartphones since 2008 ~ 2010 . Super powerful, but mostly to consume information rather than processing some.

Indeed also with the 50g I develop with the PC and then I let the 50g work when the algorithm is stable.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ? - pier4r - 09-28-2017 07:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)