How and why do you use your HP calc?
09-14-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: How and why do you use your HP calc?
A list of projects in use on my 50G at the moment:

1. I use my HP-50G to provide scratchpad use of aircraft values. I fly in a virtual flight simulator, and I've found that holding passenger headcount, cargo weight and fuel weight in an array is a way to jot them down in a volatile (i.e. they'll change each flight) way. It saves me paper, in exchange for a few billion electrons moved from place to place.
  2. I'm also working on a small project to convert my Casio BASIC program into RPL.
  3. I'm also trying to learn RPL (hence (2)), which partially answers your "and why" question. Keeping my brain a little 'stretched' might just help me retain a few more of my limited store of marbles.
  4. I'm storing a list of shopping totals so I can keep a running total of what we spend throughout the year on groceries. I've yet to figure out how to sum those arrays, but I'll post that request somewhere else after I've done some reading up (no sense in derailing this thread). I believe there's been a thread posted about my small issue before that I'll check out.

I'm not a professional, so my usage of the calculator is purely for interest's sake and not for a job. I use the 50G because it's another tool and a very viable alternative to my Casio fx-9750GII.

(Post 81)

Regards, BrickViking
HP-50g |Casio fx-9750G+ |Casio fx-9750GII (SH4a)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How and why do you use your HP calc? - brickviking - 09-14-2017 09:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)