Advice on old-timer collection
09-28-2017, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2017 03:43 PM by Frans.)
RE: Advice on old-timer collection
Thanks for your kind response, it was most helpful in determining my course of action.

Just because I've been silent does not imply I've been idle. Smile Based on feedback here and on HP41 .org I've decided to take these steps:
  • Create a photo gallery of my collection, providing me with the good memories of a great hobby era as well as aiding in finding new homes for this stuff. This took a few weeks early this month.
  • Offer community collections/collectors (MoHPC, HPCC, PAHHC, HPCalc) first choice and donate documentation they consider interesting additions to their libraries. This happened in the past fortnight, and the HP/TI/Casio brochures and some catalogs are already off to interested parties.
  • Offer forumites the opportunity to bid on (groups of) items. I will create a separate topic for this soon. Two collectors have already submitted their wish lists via PM after my first post above.
  • Put up (most of) the rest for sale to anyone wanting it all or in lots on eBay.
I also found sites by other collectors, and imagine not all of them are following this forum. Would it be worthwhile to contact and point them to my inventory list, and if so, is there's an easier way than writing to all their individual emails?

Thanks for the other information, it's great to hear there is still a fair amount of activity and interest going on w.r.t. to some of HP's greatest products.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Advice on old-timer collection - Frans - 08-25-2017, 08:45 PM
RE: Advice on old-timer collection - Frans - 09-28-2017 02:28 PM
RE: Advice on old-timer collection - Frans - 10-01-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: Advice on old-timer collection - HP67 - 10-02-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: Advice on old-timer collection - Frans - 10-02-2017, 08:48 PM
RE: Advice on old-timer collection - HP67 - 10-03-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: Advice on old-timer collection - Frans - 10-05-2017, 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)