newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-26-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-25-2017 07:52 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(09-24-2017 04:58 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  I have to agree that HIST is a wasted key on the stock 50g...

I think the only time it's needed (with no alternative available) is in this specific scenario: You start the interactive stack, then hit EDIT, then want to ECHO something onto the command line from elsewhere on the stack. The only way to do that is to press HIST. ... I think. But I'd be happy to be informed otherwise.

I didn't know that! I had to take the calc and test it. Sadly, it proves I never used it before in all these years.
But this whole discussion helped identify a couple of use cases that are missing in newRPL's current interactive stack:

* Edit an item in-place is not supported (yet). For the time being, to edit an object you'd have to drop it to level 1, exit the interactive stack and edit it, then use the interactive stack to move back in place. This is cumbersome, EDIT needs to be implemented soon.
* The ECHO use case, where you can echo stack items to the edit line is also not implemented. The current workaround is to enter the interactive stack, select one or more objects and copy them to the clipboard. Then you can paste into the editor.

I guess I need to figure out a way to open the interactive stack from the command line, and vice versa, which is not as straightforward as it might seem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-26-2017 12:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)