newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-23-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-23-2017 12:17 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I always thought HIST was a wasted key, so there's no HIST for now. If somebody feels the need for it, can request it and will be added.

I don't think I expressed myself clearly in the sentence above. HIST in RPN mode invokes the interactive stack, which is also in the UP key, so it's a wasted key. newRPL already has the interactive stack on the UP cursor, no need for another shortcut. The HIST functionality I mentioned that is not implemented is the one that gets activated in algebraic mode, where you can go back through the stack (which contains both what you typed and the results) and bring that back to the edit line. What I mentioned might be implemented if people want it, is a more interactive version of CMD, more like HIST. Preserving the last few (8 default?, user-selectable) entered command lines and providing a way to interactively select one of the entered lines, and bring it back to the command line to re-type it. That could be useful (though a big memory hog if you edit large programs repeatedly).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-23-2017 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)