newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-20-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-20-2017 06:05 AM)The Shadow Wrote:  Changing the fonts is discussed on page 5 of this thread, it just got implemented.
OK, we’ll see how this evolves.

Quote:You can reassign keys back to their familiar places via user keys, available through System/Keys.
I think it should be the other way around. You should be able to set the NewRPL keys by assigning them to USER keys. Not being imposed a new keys scheme to begin with.
Quote:Why would anyone want to have keys not behaving the way they should and have a crowded display?

[quoteI find the two menus very useful, personally. I keep one for the VAR menu and the other for everything else. Very handy for programming in particular! The reassigned STO key does take a little getting used to, I'll admit.
[/quote]
I get your drift. Everyone has their own habits and way of doing things. However, as with the keys, these features should be user-defined options, not imposed on you to begin with.
To me, a new system or firmware should look the same as the “original” one, but be way better under-the-hood. Faster, more options maybe, or more flexible and efficient, I should say. Although NewRPL has, I guess, mostly achieved the latter, the former is very, very much to be desired...

Quote:The newRPL wiki is here, if it helps: https://newrpl.wiki.hpgcc3.org/doku.php
I know, but thank you. I appreciate your input.

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Neve - 09-20-2017 06:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)