newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
08-14-2017, 12:47 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11]
(08-09-2017 03:43 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  **UPDATE**
Roms for all 3 targets were updated to fix an important bug that caused erratic behavior between the debugging commands (SST, HALT, etc), the new HIDELOCALS command and the compiler optimizations on local variables.
Within a few days I will update the PC demo to 0.9a with these fixes. Stay tuned.

**** ORIGINAL POST BELOW ******

The next alpha demo (for PC) was released on the sourceforge project page.

The most notable addition to the demo is the ability to copy/cut/paste items from the calculator stack to the PC clipboard. Objects are copied in binary and decompiled form, so pasting into other applications will simply work as text.
Pasting text from other applications works as expected, allowing the use of an external editor to write RPL code, then copy/paste the text and compile on the simulator.
Also, it allows saving/loading to a file, in a format compatible with SDSTO/SDRCL, so objects can be exchanged between the demo and a real calculator using the SD card.

Also ROMs with the same version as the demo are released for all 3 targets (50g, 40,39 series). They can be downloaded from Sourceforge as well as the usual location. Sourceforge contains only the "official" releases, while the hpgcc3.org location contains the latest development builds that get updated more often, for now they are all in sync.
Here are the links to the hpgcc3.org ROMS for the 50g, the 39gs /39g+ and the 40gs

Regarding the newRPL core, many, many bugfixes and stability improvements, in addition to implementing the following new commands:

POS/POSREV
NPOS/NPOSREV
SREPL
SPUSH
SPOP
SDROP
BLAMEERR
RND
TRNC
LNP1
EXPM
RENAME
TVARS
TVARSE
STOF
RCLF
SETNFMT
GETNFMT
GETLOCALE
SIZE
SUB
->NFC
OBJ->
PUT/PUTI
GET/GETI
IFT
IFTE
HIDELOCALS
UNHIDELOCALS

Just a few comments/questions on the new commands.

POSREV- I can see this giving the reverse position for strings, but not for lists (in which POS and POSREV return the same position).

What does NPOS/NPOSREV do?

SPUSH, SPOP, SDROP - Nothing seems to happen when I try and use these. I was expecting that SPOP after doing an SPUSH would restore the previous stack contents.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11] - smartin - 08-14-2017 12:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)