Droid48 Reader 1.5 Released
08-10-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: Droid48 Reader 1.5 Released
(08-10-2017 01:12 AM)compsystems Wrote:  The author of droid48, never answered my emails

I want to see in droid48 reader a simple program editor like notepad with a chars table for paste symbols and then you can transfer them to the emulator stack,
who is in the capacity to do it?

Droid48 would be the better program for that. Alternatively, Droid 48 Reader theoretically could partly implement where you'd write the program in Droid48 Reader and save it to a file but then the user would switch to Droid48 to transfer the file to the stack. Droid48 Reader currently only reads data out of Droid48; it doesn't push the data back into Droid48.

The catch with either solution is that the mechanism for putting a file/data on the stack is that the HP stack is designed for binary HP files and not text HP files. For a program editor, creating text is easy but the binary is harder. There are two main options:
  1. Have Droid48 or Droid48 Reader generate the binary file/data directly from the text the user typed in. However, this is not trivial to do since the code to do this requires implementing the first few stages of a language compiler. There is additional complexity if the text program calls out to any functions or commands from installed libraries (i.e. libraries not built into the calculator). All in all, it's doable but not easy.
  2. An easier to implement option (but more work for the user) is to install a text-to-binary converter program into the emulator. One example is ASCIIBIN.48. You can read what these extra steps are at http://www.drehersoft.com/droid48-reader...eader-faq/ under the "How do I get my programs back into the emulator, Droid48?" section.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Droid48 Reader 1.5 Released - Chris Dreher - 08-08-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: Droid48 Reader 1.5 Released - Jlouis - 08-09-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: Droid48 Reader 1.5 Released - Jlouis - 08-10-2017, 01:30 AM
RE: Droid48 Reader 1.5 Released - Chris Dreher - 08-10-2017 03:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)