Variable use between CAS and Home.
07-11-2017, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 11:33 PM by Skyblues.)
RE: Variable use between CAS and Home.
I actually tried that and couldn't get it to work.

In another post (where I was facing a similar issue), Joe suggested purge (X) and restart but neither solved the problem here.

This time, I am copying to and from Home <-> CAS.

I am still new to the Prime and going through examples, the Quick Start Guide and Users Manual.

There is an advertised feature where one can use the Menu button to "Get From Home" or "Get From CAS".

I am surprised that a calculator this powerful wouldn't have a relatively easy way to change the variables case needed when copied from/to Home/CAS.

From the Quick Start Guide:

"You can also copy an item from CAS history to an expression you are entering in Home view. Press Menu and select Get from CAS. The CAS view opens. Tap the item you want, and it is copied directly to the cursor position in Home view. Likewise, you can insert an item from Home view history into an expression you are entering in CAS view. Just press Menu and select Get from Home. Home view opens. Tap the item you want and it is copied directly to the cursor position in CAS view."

It doesn't mention that an expression with upper case 'X' copied from Home cannot be used in the CAS that needs a lower case 'x' to give symbolic answers.

I figure I must be missing something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Variable use between CAS and Home. - Skyblues - 07-11-2017 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)