Riemann's Zeta Function - another approach (RPL)
07-03-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: Riemann's Zeta Function - another approach (RPL)
(07-03-2017 07:07 AM)Dieter Wrote:  I have tried also this on the '41, using the FACT function so that at least integer arguments can be handled, and it worked fine. Now, if there only was a Gamma function...

BTW, does anyone know if there was a ROM that included Gamma in Mcode (!) ? Except the ones by Ángel, that is. ;-) The Advantage ROM was said to update the '41 to features that else were only available on the 34C and 15C (Solve, Integrate, Matrix operations), but AFAIK this did not include Gamma.

The listing was generated by hp41uc. But remember that all the math is designed for 10-digit precision. On the 42s you may be better off with a constant 5 E–9. Try it and see what you get. Maybe you want to round the results to 10 digits by SCI 9 RND ALL. ;-) On the 42s you can also apply RCL-arithmetics which will save a few steps.

(07-02-2017 11:53 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  LBL 2 is not necessary, unless there's a reason to keep it:

The reason is a common exit point at the end of the program. This way it can be restarted with a simple R/S. ;-)

1) Unfortunately Gamma didn't make into the Advantage ROM. That's the only ROM module I have. Really disappointing.
I guess you haven't considered RPN implementations because they are rather slow.

2) Yes, I am aware of that. I used Free42 only to check your new version on what I had at hand.

3) That makes quite sense! Anyway, on the 42 I usually assign the program I am most interested at the moment to the Sigma+ key to avoid the lengthy XEQ ALPHA XXXX ALPHA sequence.

Gerson.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Riemann's Zeta Function - another approach (RPL) - Gerson W. Barbosa - 07-03-2017 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)