Riemann's Zeta Function - another approach (RPL)
06-27-2017, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2017 08:47 PM by Gerson W. Barbosa.)
RE: Riemann's Zeta Function - another approach (RPL)
(06-27-2017 07:12 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 05:47 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Gerson, what about a program listing ?-)

Maybe even Gerson is afraid you will almost instantly find a way to shave a byte or speed it up... Wink But please keep it up Dieter, I almost always learn something from your elegant improvements.

Surely anyone will be able to shave not one, but lots of bytes :-)
Speed and size optimizations are not my concern for the time being. I was primarily interested to check whether my first HP calculator, the HP-15C (2343B75099) I bought back in the day, would be able to do it in finite time. 100 seconds to compute Zeta(2) is not fast enough, but I still can use my 15C, at least while speed optimizations are not available :-)

The 160-step listing isn't anything I should be proud of, but I'll publish it just the same. Rather than do it manually, I intend to obtain it from a simulator or emulator. I know there's at least one around with automatic listing capability. I only have to find it.

Dieter's optimizations – and anyone else's – are always welcome.

Gerson.

-------

PS: That's it: A Simulator for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, by Torsten Manz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Riemann's Zeta Function - another approach (RPL) - Gerson W. Barbosa - 06-27-2017 07:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)