Poll: Multiplication sign in 2D mode? In non-2D/text editor?
· (dot symbol) 2D displau
* (current) 2D display
Other 2D display
· (dot symbol) note/text
* (current) note/text
Other note/text
[Show Results]

Multiplication Poll: * or · or something else?
03-08-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Multiplication Poll: * or · or something else?
(03-08-2014 06:44 PM)Thomas Ritschel Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 06:34 PM)eried Wrote:  In any case I still think having the option is better than not having it Smile (opposite to iOS-like things)

I fully agree with you: having the option is better than not having it! But it should work properly and consistently in each mode. Otherwise the option is quite useless and annoying...

Yes, having an option is always nice. But I must say having the option of switching the multiplication point is way at the bottom of my list which bugs/annoyances should be fixed:

Very far at the top:
Undo/redo function;
(Easy!)possibility to select parts of an expression and apply "something" to it (e.g. You wrote a huge fraction and want to apply a square root to it.);
Also: The reverse way, you have a huge expression inside of "something" and you want to get it out;
Getting rid of HOME vs CAS confusion (Or maybe easier: getting rid of HOME. Or maybe the easiest: Collecting all Primes, melting them down, start from scratch, make it better :-D )
Upper middle:
proper multiplication dot and other quick to implement deuglyfications.
Documents and something filesystemlike to organize calculations.
Lower Middle:
(In general: make it not look like Windows 3.11, make it look/behave like something that was developed in this millenium) :-)
Veeeery far down:
Having options for "whatever", given that the majority can live with "how it is".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiplication Poll: * or · or something else? - Stefan - 03-08-2014 08:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)