Challenge - finding the last issue or two of key notes AFTER V8N2
05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
RE: Challenge - finding the last issue or two of key notes AFTER V8N2
Gene. I looked and here is what I found.

I looked at three consecutive Series 40 Software catalogs.

1. March 1983. 0.80” thick. Marked $10
2. August 1983. 0.40” thick Marked $5
3. February 1984. 0.31” thick, Marked $5

The March edition Contents lists Key Notes starting on page 1. It was a black and white version of the normal looking HP Key Notes dated January-march 1983 Vol. 7 No.1 It had an Editorial on page 1. That page is attached. Note in column one that the winner will be announced in the first issue of a new publication called Portable-Computation Guide.

A quick internet search (HP "Portable-Computation Guide" August 1983) didn’t show it. Was this ever published? Did HP use the title for a later publication?

The August issue also had a similar Key Notes issue dated August 1983 Vol.8 No. 2. In my copy a line is through the 8 and replaced with a 7 (Vol. 7 No.2). This issue had the blue headings and the photo of Henry on the cover with his “My Last “Editorial.”

No mention of Key Notes is made in the February issue.

It seems that the search should now be for the promised publication or sales flyer called Portable-Computation Guide. I have lots of HP publications but they are not organized. I don’t remember the name.

Are we are getting a bit closer to an answer?

Right now I would bet 2 cents that the publication never happened based on an internet search. Someone may remember. What did it look like? Was it printed on slick paper? Was it in color? Knowing what to look for would make it easier for me to search the library.

X < > Y, Richard

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Key Notes V7 N1 p1.pdf (Size: 701.43 KB / Downloads: 42)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenge - finding the last issue or two of key notes AFTER V8N2 - richardjnelson - 05-06-2017 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)