Programming puzzles: processing lists!
10-18-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists!
(10-17-2017 10:42 PM)DavidM Wrote:  I suppose sequences such as the above seem too isolated and specific to be considered "general purpose programs" to me. I would never think of putting something like that in a library/collection, because it seems more like a code fragment that just comes to mind naturally after one becomes familiar with the language syntax and constructs.

I understand your point of view. Nonetheless, while I do agree that having something "fresh" in our memory would be the best solution because if something is already well available in our brain then our actions are faster (a poor analogy are CPU registers or CPU cache); it is also true that not everyone has those commands readily available (me for example).
If they can be used more often than not, then I think is good to collect them so people can look them up. This because searching those commands with the modern search engines is still pretty hard.

For example commands solving a particular challenge, maybe are not that needed, but commands to manipulate 2-3 elements on the stack yes, because it is a situation that happens more often. The same for creating a list of equal entries and so on.

Of course all this depends on the perspective, nevertheless I do prefer to add one entry more to a collection (entry that nevertheless works), than one entry less, people can then pick what they need.

So, suggestions are welcomed because for me alone will take quite some time. Especially for stack related operations that are not my strength.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Programming puzzles: processing lists! - pier4r - 10-18-2017 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)