Computing devices and long lasting communities
04-19-2017, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 08:53 PM by Vtile.)
RE: Computing devices and long lasting communities
(04-19-2017 05:05 PM)KeithB Wrote:  I am sure it is more the usability. An HP41 can still be used, an Amiga, not so much. There are probably communities out there devoted to the Amiga, but what can you do with it?
There is actually written a new amigaOS which is in development and fully functional. It might get a resurrection. Just something I once stumpled while surfing, I'm a few years too young so I missed the C64/Amiga except some playing with friends units as a kid.

I think the special tool aspect is what keeps calculators in surface (like paper books and rosin flux), even though marketing departments try to do anything to sink them. It is kind of sad that they are put aside in big picture as a "old and inefficient relicks" (NONE will dare to say that about screwdriver) and the development is almost dead except some features tweaks and speed introduced in battleship models. While the pockets size calculators ( what were the reason for HP35 the first scientific?? ) are mainly stuckt in the late 80s from every manufacturer (except SM in some respect).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Computing devices and long lasting communities - Vtile - 04-19-2017 08:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)