Best scientific (not programmable, not producing plots) calculator in your opinion.
04-08-2017, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 06:17 PM by pier4r.)
RE: Best scientific (not programmable, not producing plots) calculator in your opinion.
(04-08-2017 11:57 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  Maybe the Commodore SR9190R. My favourite non-programmable is the HP-45, however.

Formula evaluation qualifies as programmability imo.

I thought you were joking with the Commodore, instead it is a pretty nice calculator. Why is formula evaluation (do you mean the Solver?) equal to programmability?

The hp 45 is a bit less advanced than the el506w, a lot of functions are missing, but it looks good for its age I guess.

(04-08-2017 02:28 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  If you are limiting this to new models (i.e. still in production) you should look at the HP-35S.
If not limited to new machines, you can pick up a used HP-32S (similar to above, has programming, but no need to use it) for a reasonable price via auction sites, etc. The later 32SII does more (e.g. fractions) but typically will cost more as well.

No, no limit for new models but thanks for the tips I will compare the functions.
The hp 35s looks pretty appealing, it has a programmability like the free 42 (or hp 42s), but not so many built in functions as the 506w. Although there is solver and numerical integration. The 32S looks similar. The 32sII is a bit better but almost there.
Of course with programs one can fill the gaps of missing built in functions.

(04-08-2017 02:59 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  A DM-11 or DM-15 would be good depending on the feature set you want.

I'll check, thanks. I did not know about swissmicro.

On a side note I just discovered the free 42 (that fits nicely in a 5.5 smartphone) and I wanted to see what are its possibilities compared to relatively cheap scientific calculators. To think that the android hp prime costs like one scientific calculator, woah. (sure, the real calculator has a better interface to input numbers and functions)

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best scientific (not programmable, not producing plots) calculator in your opinion. - pier4r - 04-08-2017 06:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)