[HP 71B] Software for FRAM71 users
02-02-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: [HP 71B] Software for FRAM71 users
(02-02-2017 01:39 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Of course if there is an HC ROM at E0000 (32KB) it's corresponding SC ROM (16KB) must also be present, and should be removed from available address space as well.

Thanks for the new MEMDIS program to explore André, looking forward to checking it out this weekend.

Can you explain the meaning of the 2 lines of hex just after the VER$ display? I see that the initial portion is the config string, but not certain yet of the portions after the dot, and the 2nd line.

Also, you may be a 71 newbie, but you've come a long way quickly.

Thanks.

Thanks Bob,

The jumpers on the FRAM71B are hard, to me, to put in place with my big fingers, so for unplugging an HC/SC ROM, I just remove the SC part. The HC part remain in place at E0000, doing nothing beside occupying the space. That’s the case in screenshot above.

This two lines are the configuration string - PEEK$(“2C000”,32) - and the corresponding address 2C00 0 or 2 or 4 etc. and after the dot 2C01 0 or 2 etc…
Let’s say I want to swap the JPC ROM with the CIRCUIT ROM, my table says I put the JPC (D type) on the FRAM block 0, the Circuit (E type) in F_block D and Memdis shows the D block 0 (D0) at the first 6 so I poke “2C006”,”00” and “2C006”,”ED” OFF/ON.
A bad poke can lead to losing the content of various F_block at once that why the line below the string and the dot are there.
Below 8 chips the second part of the configuration string never stays at 0 and fills some 1s. I use this behavior in the code see if there is something connected and then only, display this lines.

have a good WE, André
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[HP 71B] Software for FRAM71 users - dayd - 02-01-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: [HP 71B] Software for FRAM71 users - dayd - 02-02-2017 03:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)