Classic battery door latch 3d model?
05-12-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: Classic battery door latch 3d model?
(04-13-2017 02:39 PM)JPOPatents Wrote:  Nate,

Great work! Is the price for the classic battery door latches for 6 latches or only 1 latch?

Thanks.

John
I wondered the same thing. I figured it must be for 6 as $16.41 seemed a bit steep for one. I have several classics with missing or broken latches, so figuring it was worth the risk, I went ahead and ordered. A package arrived yesterday containing 6 latches.

They are nice little pieces, essentially identical in size and shape to the original, and fit the battery door quite well. They even have a "well" for a rubber footpad to be installed if desired. My only comment on the design is that they lack the small bevel on the back edge of the "foot" that actually catches on the raised hump on the battery door. The door actually has two humps, one rounded and one sharp. When the latch is slid outward, the foot lifts over the round hump and catches on the sharp hump to keep it from extending too far. Without the bevel, the replacement foot does not drop down as far to catch as tightly on the sharp hump. This doesn't seem to affect the function of the latch and may not be worth worrying about. I may try to create the bevel with a file on one of my latches to see if it make as any difference. Regardless of this one small item, they are way better than the alternative of a missing latch or a latch on which the foot has broken.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a few pics of version 2 - Nate Martin - 11-20-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: Classic battery door latch 3d model? - Jeff O. - 05-12-2017 04:09 PM
71B Front Port Covers - Dave Frederickson - 06-17-2017, 07:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)