50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
10-15-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually
(10-15-2016 04:17 PM)DavidM Wrote:  I believe the support for FAT that's built-in to the 49g+/50g is minimal (at best).

It actually is very minimal, which prompted a completely new file system implementation for hpgcc back in the day.
Tim wrote the SDFiler in sysRPL, on top of SDLIB (included in SDFiler, never released separately but doesn't need the filer to work). The SDLIB library provides commands you can use from userRPL/sysRPL. You mentioned you didn't want to use hpgcc, which I understand, but this "canned" solution might fit your requirements, as your code would be 100% sysRPL.
However, for your case I think I would go with the idea of replacing the names with some heavily sanitized version of the name. Then you include the name back inside the file for proper recovery (a list { name value } as mentioned in other posts sounds very appropriate). The file name doesn't have to be a hash, it can be readable text but heavily sanitized. This is only for a human to find his files quickly, the restore operation should only use the original name inside.
You could still compute a hash and append it to the name to reduce collisions of the sanitized names.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50g: copy all stored objects to SD card individually - Claudio L. - 10-15-2016 07:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)