a good code editor for HP Prime
11-02-2019, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2019 09:18 AM by FrankP.)
RE: a good code editor for HP Prime
Thanks for your post, Steve!

(11-02-2019 06:05 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  *SHIFT Chars does not work. So no way to add comments //
Hmm. This is strange...
  • Don't you see in a gray "Arrow up"+"S" in the upper left corner in the line where the program name is displayed when pressing Shift?
  • And don't you get "/" when pressing the DIV key at the corresponing cursor position?

(11-02-2019 06:05 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  *The Help system doesn't work in the editor.
*Copy and Paste do not work
Yes, that's right. Key handling done inside 'gtext' and 'chk' I did not need to get into in more details up to now. And to be honest I was happy about this ;-)

(11-02-2019 06:05 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  *Using the touchscreen to position cursor stops working at some point to the right. Cursor keys do work.
G1 is initialisized in Line 371 for the text display. And if I'm right, DIMGROB_P does allow only a width up to 1024.

(11-02-2019 06:05 AM)Stevetuc Wrote:  *It would be nice to be able to return to a selected line number from the search menu
And highlighting found string and lots of other features of nowadays coding editiors come into my mind. But before adding any additional features, I would need to dig much deeper into Chong's code.

-----------------------

Although all your requests are correct and useful I'm not sure if and when I will work on it. Mainly due to the fact, that I also hope really very much the next prime release (hopefully coming soon) will have some enhancements to the native editor. Smoother integrated into the prime as the self-made CodeEditor is.

By the way:
  • Are you using Prime HW? is the file loading and searching speed accaptable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a good code editor for HP Prime - FrankP - 11-02-2019 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)