a good code editor for HP Prime
11-02-2019, 06:05 AM
RE: a good code editor for HP Prime
(11-02-2019 12:04 AM)FrankP Wrote:  First of all my VERY BIG THANK YOU, Chong Wang!

When looking more detailed to the code last days, I asked myself if Chong has a private version of the code including some comments. However, I guess he does not need it: his thoughts seem to be direct prime programming language ;-). Smart code, Chong!

I liked the syntax-highlighting editor and viewer a lot, but for my daily usage, it was missing a search feature. Version 1.2 beta of the editor is my attempt to add
  • search all ('Symb' key)
  • search forward ('Plot' key)
  • search backward ('Num' key)
to the existing code. Tested with Virtual Calculator 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16) on win 8 and 2.1.14294 (219 10 2) on Android 7.1 Hoping for a limited number of probs with the code. Enjoy!

The editor with highlighting and search looks really useful! Thanks to you both.

Some feedback after initial use:
*The Help system doesn't work in the editor.
*Using the touchscreen to position cursor stops working at some point to the right. Cursor keys do work.
*SHIFT Chars does not work. So no way to add comments //
*Copy and Paste do not work
*It would be nice to be able to return to a selected line number from the search menu

Thanks again for a useful program. It would be fantastic if these features of highlighting and search made it into the native prime editor Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a good code editor for HP Prime - Stevetuc - 11-02-2019 06:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)