[newRPL] Filesystem related date/time issues
10-19-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: [newRPL] Filesystem related date/time issues
(10-18-2016 09:36 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  I stumbled upon an old bug-report for the original HP 49g+/50g firmware 2.09. Since it documents a problem with time stamps created by the calculator, I thought it might make sense to include in here for easier future reference:

http://bugs.hpcalc.org/show_bug.cgi?id=234
James M. Prange Wrote:FAT file system directory entries that the 49g+ and 50g write to the MMC/SD card sometimes have an incorrect file creation or last-modified time showing 60 seconds. This doesn't seem to cause any problems on the calculator itself, and MS Windows Explorer is "smart enough" to increment the minutes (it doesn't display the seconds) for these cases, but disk checking utilities such as MS ScanDisk and Norton Disk Doctor detect these errors (and optionally correct them). [...]
If you'd include timestamp validity checks at filesystem level, the existance of this bug in a "sister project" (where it cannot be fixed anymore, unfortunately) might be worth adding a special case to newRPL to cope and possibly auto-correct such timestamps (as Windows does), but otherwise it's just something having to keep in mind when developing the application-level code later on.

I didn't saw this occuring on the HP 50g myself (and didn't try to force it with 2.15 so far), but as I mentioned further up, I have observed basically the same problem (also for minutes and hours) in other not fully debugged filesystem implementations as well.

Greetings,

Matthias
OK, basic sanitization on read should probably be included. We'll get it done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [newRPL] Filesystem related date/time issues - Claudio L. - 10-19-2016 03:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)