Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
06-19-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
(06-19-2016 06:51 AM)Harald Wrote:  I have posted both versions of the program to show the difference in the mnemonics.
The other version runs

Since you only said "for the emulator" it was not clear which one you refer to. If I understand you correctly, you now say that the first column is for the Kunz emulator and the second one for Bernhard's.

Actually neither version runs. Bernhards emulator does not use "CLRG", "Rdn", "SIN^-1" or "PRTX". All these (and more) are invalid mnemonics.

(06-19-2016 06:51 AM)Harald Wrote:  But as Bernhard said the flags were not set correctly. I assumed the flags would be set correctly, but the way Bernhard has written the emulator, loading a card does not set flag 3. Instead it loads the flags as set in the program file.

The original Diagnostic Program comes on a program card. There is no data card, but only reading a data card (!) would set flag 3. When a program card is read all flags are set according to their state when the card was written, i.e. reading a program card sets all four flags to their recorded state (as well as display and trig mode). This way the program is initialized to these settings.

So Bernhard's emulator works fine. Just add the MODE section, so that the flags are initialized like on a real HP67.

(06-19-2016 06:51 AM)Harald Wrote:  The comments are taken from Willi Kunz's version for his emulator. I was too lazy to type the program and instead took it from Willi's website.

So this emulator does *not* behave like a real HP67? There must be some hidden digits, otherwise the result would not be rounded up – unlike the real 67/97.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators - Dieter - 06-19-2016 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)