Some integrals with problematic evaluation
03-23-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Some integrals with problematic evaluation
(03-23-2016 03:01 PM)quinyu Wrote:  As a principle, I don't use emulators any more; being that in the past, I did so, then got feedback that under some circumstances the emulator gives a result different from the actual calculator (I believe it was the Casio one, but either way, I cannot ever be sure that they do things the same way under the hood as how the actual calculator does - combined with the fact that the emus tend to lag behind in respect of updates, and at least the TI one is expecting me to pay for it after 30 days... why thanks TI...)

Makes sense. Please note that we've done everything possible to ensure that the emulator behaves identical to the device in every way possible. There are extremely rarely any differences in behavior, and these are almost exclusively hardware related things (difference in available memory, etc) and not differences in the software or behavior.

Quote:I hope I did not upset anyone by posting this way. So now, on to integrate...

Nope. I always like to see qualified people trying to poke holes in the software. Without pushing, it is pretty hard to improve.

Quote:If anything, I'm criticising what HP made out of it, which appears to be both less capable and less educational than the original; and precisely these shortcomings am I trying to point out to those who are responsible for what actually gets into a software update, as to make them reconsider.

Could you elaborate on what you mean here a bit more? Basically, we track the xcas source directly to the extent possible so any changes and improvements made end up on Prime.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some integrals - parisse - 03-23-2016, 06:44 AM
RE: Some integrals with problematic evaluation - Tim Wessman - 03-23-2016 09:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)