Need advice on PCB manufacturer for DIY project
05-02-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 04:36 PM by emece67.)
RE: Need advice on PCB manufacturer for DIY project
Hi again.

7~8 weeks later I have finished the design of this PCB. It is a 2 layer 120*96 mm with 8 mil/8 mil/0.3 mm rules. Yesterday, I sent it to PCBway and today it has passed their tests, so it is now scheduled for fabrication. I'll report when it arrives to me.

The total cost for 10 units is 50 USD, shipping included to Spain. I think it is a bargain at $5 each PCB!

The project is an RPN calculator built around a low power ATMEL SAM4LS chip (ARM Cortex-M4 based) running at 12 MHz (48 MHz when powered from USB), with 512 kB Flash and 32 kB RAM. Powered by a single CR2032 cell, USB & serial (plus JTAG) connectors, support for IR printing (both "vintage" HP and IrDA, although I do not plan to populate the IrDA for now), real time clock (I hope) and a buzzer. A graphical b&w, 128x64 display with soft menus and 55 keys (two shifts) in landscape format (allowing the alpha keys to be QWERTY arranged).

This is the key arrangement:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3516]

And this is a size comparison with some well know RPN machines:

I do not have a single line of software yet, so do not expect it working in the near future.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice on PCB manufacturer for DIY project - emece67 - 05-02-2016 11:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)