Windows 10 won't allow HP50g usb drivers to be installed
12-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Windows 10 won't allow HP50g usb drivers to be installed
I have installed Windows 10 on an iMac BootCamp setup. Windows 10 works fine, and I finally got around to attempting to install the HP-50g USB drivers from the CD that came with my HP50g.

I immediately ran into the unsigned driver problem: Win10 refuses to install an unsigned driver.

There is a circumvention; you must disable the signed driver enforcement.

I have done this (at least I followed the 2 different procedures that purport to disable driver signing checks), but it still fails with "no permission for driver install".

These are the two separate techniques to disable the signed driver check:
1) Reboot and press F8 during the reboot; eventually you are given an option to disable the signed driver check, and then your system reboots again, with the check disabled. Attempting the HP50g USB driver install fails with the same message.

2) Start up a cmd terminal session with admin authority, and enter the command "BCDEDIT /set nointegritychecks ON", then reboot again to enable this change. Following that reboot, the HP50g USB install fails with the same message.

Is there anyway out of this impass?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Windows 10 won't allow HP50g usb drivers to be installed - Sleazey - 12-22-2015 10:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)