Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
07-12-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 10:45 PM by jebem.)
RE: Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
(07-12-2015 06:13 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Please remind me to never park my car in your neighborhood...

Hehehe... No worries, I do not do cars anymore, since my last rebuild in 1976 on my Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1300.

I would bought this car second hand from a friend that used to do rally with it.
As the engine had no power enough for my needs at the time, I decided to dismantle it piece by piece to have a look.
After 6 months I was trying to find out were was the problem, until another friend of mine, a engineer working at Renault, gave me an hand and the verdict was final:
The engine state was beyond any hope of recovery.

So we went for shopping around on scrap dealers and found a nice 110HP 1600cc engine for sell.
To make a long story short, the car gave me many miles of satisfaction and I have learned quite a few things about mechanical engineering in the process.

To put this story into perspective, it happened in Africa, Mozambique, a couple of years after the independence from Portugal, at a time when the goods where scarce in a country that was trying to rebuild almost from scratch and facing a civil war at the same time, and where cars were mysteriously disappearing overnight only to be found a few days later in pieces for sell, guess where: in the scrap dealers!

(07-12-2015 06:13 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Here is the important question: Once reassembled, how many small screws were left? Be honest...

You got me, I have to confess that I keep a large box full of screws in my basement that I have absolutely no idea from where each one came from.

But in this case, the SONY SW7600GR is really well designed and built, and it only uses 5 large screws. I wouldn't miss it even if I try hard Smile

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening? - jebem - 07-12-2015 10:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)