HP-50G Excessive Battery Drain / Fix?
06-06-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: HP-50G Excessive Battery Drain / Fix?
(06-06-2015 06:25 PM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 04:27 PM)jebem Wrote:  So far, the affected calculators shows older manufacturing dates. Yours should be from 2007, right?

I wonder if this issue is related to older firmware releases, that didn't put the processor in deep sleep, for instance.
My two calculators were made in 2009 and 2010 and runs two different firmware versions: 2.08 and 2.15. Both are fine and don't exhibit this current "leaking".

Could you check your software version, please?
To be frank, I don't even know how to find out. The 50g was given to me hardly used, and the tiny 1/4"-thick manual that came with it was pretty worthless and doesn't even have an index, and I don't see anything in the table of contents that would tell me how to check the software version. I already had such an investment in the 41cx, 71, and other computers that I pretty much had what I needed and was not motivated to print out the much better manual online and put the time into learning the 50g. I've offered it to a couple of relatives who are mechanical and electronics engineers, and for the same reason of the apparently very large investment in time required to learn to really use it, they were not interested. If you can tell me an easy way to check the version, I'll do that and report back.

The serial number (sticker) on the back, if still there, will reveal the mfr date.

For the firmware rev, type VERSION. It will reply with several strings, including IIRC likely either 2.08 or 2.15. 2.15 is the most current.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-50G Excessive Battery Drain / Fix? - rprosperi - 06-06-2015 11:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)