Multiple Matrix entries using space key
05-06-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: Multiple Matrix entries using space key
(05-06-2015 03:44 AM)AnalogJoe Wrote:  Hi, im sorry yes, the thing I refer to as the Matrix Writer is the window that opens up when you hit shift + 4.

And yes on the command line I can use comma but when I hit the down cursor, instead of going to the beggining of the next row it goes to the position just below the previous row, thus I have to press the "left arrow" multiple times to go to the beggining of the row, its just inefficient.

Don't forget the touch screen's ability to relocate the cursor with a single tap; no need to press the cursor key multiple times, or even Shift cursor. Just tap the screen on the desired cell, and then continue typing numbers. Much faster than the 50g!

Yes, you need to tell the Shift 4 matrix editor how wide the matrix is, but only once per matrix. End the first row manually, and then the cell highlight automatically returns to column 1 after each subsequent row is entered. That's exactly the same way the 50g MatrixWriter works.

I personally wish that the Prime allowed the HP 50g shortcut for command-line entry of matrices, e.g. [[1 2 3]4 5 6 7 8 9] --> a 3×3 matrix. I use this shortcut notation all the time on the 50g. Even in Algebraic Entry mode, Prime doesn't allow it (even if commas are used instead of spaces). You have to type all the brackets: [[1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9]].

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple Matrix entries using space key - Joe Horn - 05-06-2015 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)