SATURN BASIC for HP-48G/G+/GX, HP-49G and HP-49G+/50G
05-15-2016, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2022 11:37 AM by HrastProgrammer.)
RE: HRAST-BASIC for HP-48G/G+/GX, HP-49G and HP-49G+/50G
New 48K version 2.0 has been uploaded.

Various features have been added in this version:

(*) Global variables
(*) Statement abbreviations
(*) AGAIN statement
(*) START statement
(*) TEXT programs + appropriate CAT and NEW modifications
(*) Delete to the start of the line (Right Shift + Left Shift + Left Arrow).
(*) Delete to the end of the line (Right Shift + Left Shift + Right Arrow).
(*) ERROR statement enhancements (added [<ErrorCode>] for displaying a specified error message)

Refer to the manual for more info about the above features.

About TEXT programs:

Those special TEXT programs contain raw ASCII text instead of tokenized/compiled BASIC programs. They do nothing when executed and can be used as scratchpad or notepad, for example. But, the main idea behind them is to use the editor to edit FORTH programs because I plan to continue working on HRAST-FORTH and eventually incorporate it into HRAST-BASIC environment. When I started developing HRAST-FORTH long time ago I didn't have a suitable editor and environment for what I wanted to achieve. Now I have everything I need for this Smile

A few important bugfixes as well (some of them rather serious):

(*) Substring postfix operator not working properly - for example, ? "123"(2) & "456"(2) produced an error.
(*) Substring postfix operator not working with 2 or more character variable names - for example, A1(2) produced an error.
(*) Executing END would show MISMATCH or NOT ALLOWED followed by garbage under some circumstances
(*) COMP statement leaving stacks in corrupted state
(*) Decompile of functions without arguments adds unnecessary space after the function name - for example, TICKS +1 instead of TICKS+1
(*) Shift/Alpha keys will terminate WAIT (bug introduced in v1.9 and still remained in early v2.0)
(*) Some DATA corrections (empty DATA statement not allowed anymore)
(*) Some internal DISP corrections
(*) Some internal PRINT corrections

New 32K version 1.01 with ERROR enhancements and various bugfixes from the last few months has been uploaded, too ...

https://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwood/
https://hrastprogrammer.bandcamp.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HRAST-BASIC for HP-48G/G+/GX, HP-49G and HP-49G+/50G - HrastProgrammer - 05-15-2016 07:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: