WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
04-10-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
(04-10-2015 12:22 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  I fear the good intention of the pdf manual will get marred by over thinking the 'security' issue. I agree with Marcus' post above. Put a watermark on each page with the user's name, restrict editing and printing, and be done with it. I have no interest in distributing a pdf maliciously. Also remember there is nothing to stop someone from buying a printed manual, scanning with OCR and spreading it on the net. Could we keep the solution simple and rely on professionalism here?

Agree with Sanjeev, and well-said. PDF copies should definitely be marked with the original owner's name to avoid casual copying of the file, but that's sufficient, IMHO. Easily > 100 copies can be quickly sold, and while no one will retire on that, the proceeds will more than cover the effort to mark and email the files, plus add a little for the devteam to share.

I also think sooner is better, while interest in Walter's new tutorial is high, the new 34S features from Bit are being explored and before interest shifts to the 43S.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability? - rprosperi - 04-10-2015 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)