HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing
04-02-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing
I'm a new member here and I joined after reading the many fascinating posts in the archive and more recently, on this modern incarnation of the forum.

I am also relatively new to the HP calculator world, but I have a 12C, a 48G, and a 50G. All three are amazing products, and one of the most important things about them is that they are *high quality* machines that have a finished quality to them.

I looked at the Prime with great interest when it came out. After reading about it and playing with the emulator, I can say that I would be interested in it, if it were finished. I don't like the idea of buying a calculator that has admitted problems, with only promises to improve it later.

So while I'm not responding to the original post exactly, I think that there is very clear logic in my decision. I do realize that we live in a beta-quality world now, with everything from phones to video games to Tesla automobiles receiving bug fixes but I'm not that kind of buyer.

I hope HP takes this to heart and devotes more time and testing to their next product, or at least keeps the Prime in production long enough to actually finish it. This is not to denigrate the hard work put into the product, but more of a beef with the business decision to release a beta quality calculator without a big red warning label on the box.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime: The Logic of Purchasing - Sukiari - 04-02-2015 05:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)