HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices?
03-20-2015, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 02:29 AM by Adam Vaughn.)
RE: HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices?
The 11C is an interesting calculator for sure. When I found mine (at a flea market which normally caters to old tube radios, of all places), I wasn't quite sure what it was. I had seen the 12C still being sold at Staples, and was vaguely familiar with the 15C, but didn't know anything about the rest of the Voyager series. I thought maybe the 11C was closer to the 12C, but I had no real idea; even so, I decided to pick it up, and it's one of the best $35 I've ever spent! Of course, at the same time, I passed up on a HP 41C being sold for a similar price, and have been kicking myself ever since...

As far as prices on TAS go, there are always going to be fools listing items at starting prices/Buy It Nows far exceeding what their actual market value is. To me, the real bellwether of an item's worth is to go into the sidebar, and select "Show only sold items" (completed items also works, but using sold items instead weeds out the overpriced stuff which didn't sell). Of course, all too often, non-TAS sellers will just search for something on TAS, spot one of these overpriced items, and assume that that's the going rate.............
-Adam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices? - Adam Vaughn - 03-20-2015 02:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)