HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices?
03-19-2015, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 12:46 PM by jebem.)
RE: HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices?
(03-18-2015 09:50 PM)John R Wrote:  (...) All of the transactions with really high sale prices look like they involve mint-condition calculators with the original box and accessories. The run-of-the-mill 11Cs are selling for much, much less.

Thanks for the reply, John.

Still, for someone based in Europe like myself, where we have to add s&h costs and many times the additional customs charges, ordering from outside European Union results in excessive total price to pay for such a desirable machine.

My initial question was related to the fact that today I managed to acquire a used but in good condition HP-11C with pouch, made in BRAZIL, s/n: 2647B41650, to join my collection Smile

This Brazilian original owner bought it in São Paulo (Brazil) during his engineering studies but he never really used it too much, so it stayed in a drawer for years.
Later on he moved to Portugal to make a living here in Lisbon, and brought the calculator with him, despite having lost the paper user guides in transit.
Now he is rebuilding his nice apartment in Lisbon city and he is getting rid of stuff that he doesn't use or need anymore.
So I was lucky to call him yesterday in time to secure this calculator for 45 Euros.
I couldn't bargain because he had another offer from other Portuguese collector, so I had to cover it in order to win the auction.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices? - jebem - 03-19-2015 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)