Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
03-26-2015, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 04:06 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(03-25-2015 05:27 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  
(03-25-2015 05:45 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  ...
Well, to quote William R. Gates, "Nobody will ever need more that 640k". His statement was based primarily in a complete lack of education, and somewhat on a complete lack of vision.
At least here is some indication, that he didn't say that.

hi Guenter, good to hear from you... you are correct, this is what he actually said,

"When we set the upper limit of PC-DOS at 640K, we thought nobody would ever need that much memory". — William Gates, chairman of Microsoft

He has been misquoted over and again since the early 1980s when he first said this... I was there, and he can deny it till the proverbial cows come home, but it ain't goin away... sorry.

Read about it some more here.

Back on topic... I was able to solder in my gold header pins into the mini-breakout board tonight without killing the board so that I can get the relevant pinouts from the edison to my protoboard; using 'female' ended jumper wires from the edison case to the general breadboard.

On a side note, this edison board can now print, to all of my network printers, and is multitasking several 'sketches' with very nice performance; its fantastic really.

PS pics are coming when I get the case finished later tonight. I've decided I've been lucky so far leaving this thing laying out naked on the bench... needs some clothing! ;-)

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-26-2015 04:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)