Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
03-21-2015, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 08:18 PM by BarryMead.)
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(03-21-2015 06:49 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  The more I am playing with this board the more convinced I become that the Intel Edison is the winner hands down in every category
Mark: A few weeks a go I posted a thread on this forum about using an "Off the shelf" microcontroller as a way to reopen the worldwide marketing potential for the WP-43S project. They had complained that with the FCC restrictions on importing high-speed electronics it would be impossible to obtain expensive FCC licences for every country, so they had planned on selling/marketing the WP-43S only in the United States. This decision severely cut the potential sales numbers worldwide, and further hindered the economic viability of the whole WP-43S project. I suggested that the WP-43S team should still sell the calculator Worldwide, but that the calculator be a Kit minus the Microcontroller assembly which would be added by the user eliminating the need for FCC testing.

It seems like you (and Pauli) may have discovered the perfect solution to this arrangement with the Intel Edison! It is tiny, powerful, embeddable, reasonably low power, and well priced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - BarryMead - 03-21-2015 11:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)