An old member returns...
02-24-2015, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2015 06:00 PM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: An old member returns...
(02-24-2015 02:17 AM)Jeff_Kearns Wrote:  Welcome back Valentin! I have enjoyed reading your many posts over the years and those from the archives, in addition to your excellent articles (keepsakes all). Whatever happened to your lycos website?

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome and kind words, Jeff.

I have no idea what happened to the Lycos website, I found myself unable to access it many years ago so I could never update its contents, add to it or edit it in any way.

I think it was completely infected with spam websites and contents to the point that the server's storage space was completely filled up and further, the moment someone deleted some content spam would immediately gobble up the freed storage, rendering the site unusable for everyone else. This was pre-Captchas, of course.

That, together with tons and tons of adds and popups pestering and annoying every visitor utterly killed it for me. For a time I would send my PDF articles to HPCC's Datafile for publication on my two regular sections there but that ended in 2007 (together with my subscription to HPCC) for reasons known to everyone who frequented the old MoHP at the time and which I won't repeat here.

That left me with a very sour feeling and a number of unpublished PDF articles, most of them almost ready for publication, some 100 pages in all, including my cherished "50th Birthday Special" one, which I was about to send to Datafile for publication in the March 2008 issue but alas, it wasn't to be.

Now that the sourness has mostly disappeared and I've joined this new incarnation of MoHP I might be tempted to finish the PDF articles, probably I should, but I don't know where to publish them and I need to have some suitable place available before I commit myself to do it. On the other hand, Challenges and mini-challenges are easier to come by and in due time they'll surely appear here for everyone to have a chance at solving them.

Thanks again for your interest and best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
An old member returns... - rprosperi - 02-14-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: An old member returns... - rprosperi - 02-15-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: An old member returns... - walter b - 02-20-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: An old member returns... - J-F Garnier - 02-22-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: An old member returns... - walter b - 02-22-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: An old member returns... - bshoring - 02-20-2015, 06:14 AM
RE: An old member returns... - Paul Dale - 02-20-2015, 06:56 AM
RE: An old member returns... - Jeff_Kearns - 02-24-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: An old member returns... - Valentin Albillo - 02-24-2015 05:58 PM
RE: An old member returns... - Jeff_Kearns - 02-24-2015, 09:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)